Re: RTFM??

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:40:28AM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Timothy E. Jedlicka -- wrote:
>
>> I thought I RTFM'd, but couldn't find the procedure for producing a
>> bootable CD image.  I created my image with pseudo-image, but there
>> is no boot raw in the image.  Would be nice to add the recommended
>> procedure to the FAQ and the pseudo-image instructions.  I apologize
>> if they are already there - I certainly missed them.
>
>If you are using stable, just rsync it with the official image, which
>is known to be bootable (is not this the last step when using the
>pseudo-image kit?).

Yes, exactly. From the pik doeumentation:

TRANSFORMING TO THE OFFICIAL IMAGE

   Once the pseudo-image has been generated, converting it to the
   Official image is quite easy.

   We'll be using the `rsync' program, available from

Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]