Re: [spam score 2.20/10.0 -pobox] Platform popularity

On Thursday 11 January 2001 08:07, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> Greetings,
> 	I am considering selling Official CD's on the internet.  At this point, I
> don't know if I have enough hard drive to offer all the platforms (maybe
> after I earn a few dollars I can invest in more hard drive space).  So
> beyond, i386 and the source .iso files, what is the popularity of the other
> platforms?  Does anyone have any kind of empirical data that would suggest
> the m68k is more popular than sparc, etc.  Inquiring minds want to know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brooks

If you're starting out small, might I suggest you try to service a niche
customer base that isn't being serviced by many other businesses?  That way,
when someone wanting to order say, alpha distros, will be more likely to find
their way to your "door".  Everyone wanting an i386 distro usually just goes
to linuxmall, or cheepbytes, or some of the other established debian
distributors.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.