Re: Getting ISO's....

RetailMessiah@aol.com writes:

> Greetings!
>
> Question. I'm on a fast link, and I wanted to know if I could retreive the
> binary-i386-x.iso files with http or ftp?
>
> The http version seems to want a password, and I'm trying with the pseudo
> program, but I think it would go much better with a direct download.

I'm guessing that you're referring to the cdimage.debian.org site?

> If this is possible, I'd love to hear how. :) When I made CD's before
> (2.1r4), I know I found it in the ftp archives. Can't seem to now.

Not from the cdimage.d.o site you didn't.  The master site has never
allowed FTP, and stopped allowing HTTP when it became painfully clear
that it was wasting vast amounts of bandwidth because of the number of
partial/failed downloads that were happening.

If you're having trouble using the pseudo-image-kit, please explain
the problem.

If really must use HTTP/FTP then find a mirror that supports it
(there's a link buried deep in the cdimage.d.o web pages ;-), but be
aware that there's a reason that we encourage people to use the
pseudo-image-kit --- it works MUCH better than using FTP or HTTP in
almost all cases.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/