Re: question on net install through dsl on a sparc10

Hi Victor,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 03:05:18PM -0700, victor wrote:
> I'm about to use the minimal CD install at :
>
> http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
>
> But I have some questions:
>
> 1. Is this .iso image cdrom bootable by a SPARC 10?

No, AFAIK all those images are for Intel PCs only, except the
LordSutch ones, which are also available for alpha, m68k and powerpc.
No sparc, sorry!

But you could download just the first Woody release CD and install the
rest over the net - you don't need to download the full CD set.

>    If yes, how do I start? download the .iso image onto a CD and on
>    the OK prompt of sparc10, say boot cdrom ??

Instructions are in the user manual on the CD. If you still have
questions specific to sparcs after reading that, you might want to ask
on debian-sparc@lists.debian.org

>     And how am I to configure it as a server? Install Apache on the
>     sparc?

Read the installation manual, familiarize yourself with dselect,
install the apache and apache-doc packages, read the docs! :-) Mail
debian-user@lists.debian.org with any further questions about this.

Cheers

  Richard

(Master in the art of making things "someone else's problem";-)
--
  __   _
  ¯ '` ¯