Re: local mirror

On Fri, 18 May 2001, MPfeifer wrote:

> i am building a local mirror for a network to be able to use apt-get
> within the network, and also to use PIK.
>
> the server which will be the mirror doesn't have a cdrom-drive, so i
> mounted the cd's on another machine running apache, but then i realized
> that i will need to set up a rsync server too. but i didn't find any
> worthful docs about this. can you point me to a good doc?

You mean an rsync server to distribute the CD images as such? That's detailed
in the Kit's README, at the end.

> and is this the best way to setup a mirror? unfortunately wget -rkN didn't
> work at all.

wget -r -l0 -np  should work.

But personally I'd make an image of the CD, FTP that over to the server and
loop-mount it there.

> if you have some other hints to setup a mirror i would appreciate that.

More general info: http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer