Re: labelling for Non-US CDs

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:56:57PM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>The label scheme noted in the cdimage FAQ is
>
>Debian GNU/{Linux|Hurd} <version> [<revision>]
>Official {<architecture> Binary|Source}-<number>
>
>I think there should be an extra field at the end [Non-US], since
>you can have official Non-US CDs.  That is, the scheme should be
>changed to
>
>Debian GNU/{Linux|Hurd} <version> [<revision>]
>Official {<architecture> Binary|Source}-<number> [Non-US]
>
>Is this acceptable?

Yes, that sounds reasonable, but only when we drop support for
dpkg-multicd users and assume everyone is using apt. It's currently
deprecated, so we could happily drop it from woody CDs I think. The
point of _not_ labelling the non-US CDs explicitly is so that the sets
look identical in other respects, reducing the amount of work (and
disk space) needed to create and store them.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------