Re: Release 2.2 Installation

On 12 Nov 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> "Costas Koulierakis" <ckoul@ath.forthnet.gr> writes:
>
> > I have recently downloaded the 2.2 release files.
> >
> > I read parts of the installation documentation but I could not locate some
> > information about how to brake-up the distribution files into two CDs (ie.
> > which files go where). Could you direct me to some reference?
>
> I don't know -- you'd have to ask debian-cd.  In general, it should be
> listed as part of the source for the debian-cd package or CVS area or
> whatever.

First: you don't have to make CDs to install Debian. If you have everything
on your harddisk, you should be able to install from there just fine.
(Possibly by writing one or more floppy disks as described in the installation
manual.)

If you do want to make CDs for other purposes, then please refer to
  http://cdimage.debian.org
In case you don't find some information you need there, please ask. (And being
very specific helps to get better answers ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer