Gentoo NetBSD (was: Re: Debian GNU/kNetBSD Sources)

On 01/03/13 12:22, Martin wrote:
> Kool, how do u guys know where to look for this information lol. I spend
> hrs looking and never find a thing.
>
> I would love to see the GNU/NetBSD project rebooted at some stage but under
> GNU/kNetBSD. NetBSD has some really good tools that didn't exist in 2002
> which i think would make it easier and provide some unique qualities.
>
> I am talking about the RUMP anykernel if any of you know about it?? It
> basically allows you to run the kernel in any configuration. Its basically
> the IPC and hyper visor in one. So what i mean is RUMP allows one to run
> kernelspace tools in userspace, meaning essentially you can create a
> micro-kernel or the like from it.
>
> Obviously i am not familiar with glibc so it depends on how easy that is to
> move amongst other things.

A bit related with this:

I found there was a GSoC on 2009 that ported Gentoo's portage and its
tools to the NetBSD platform:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.summer-of-code/182
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.bsd/137
https://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2009-gentoo/downloads/detail?name=Patrice_Clement.tar.gz&can=2&q=
https://dev.gentoo.org/~aballier/gnbsd/

I tried to boot the qemu image and worked without problems. The root
password is unset, you have to first select to boot in single user mode
on the boot menu, then remount rw / ("mount -o rw /"), change the
password for root and reboot in normal mode.