Re: No mouse in X with freebsd-downloader kernel

Hi,

Actually the "mouse" driver causes my xorg-server to segfault, on
freshly installed Wheezy kfreebsd-9 9.0-1-amd64.  I had to create a
xorg.conf with:

> Section "InputClass"
>    Identifier     "mouse catchall"
>    MatchIsPointer "on"
>    Option         "Ignore" "on"
> EndSection

Which gives me a functional X session, but of course no mouse input.

So this might be the same problem I noticed booting the graphical
installer under Qemu (screen flickers, then goes back to console
claiming that xorg-server segfaulted).

IIRC there was some configuration unaffected by this bug (either the 8.3
kernel option, or kfreebsd-i386) but I don't remember which.

On 21/06/12 18:18, Robert Millan wrote:
> Maybe it has to do with 914_psm.diff (try disabling that patch and see
> what happens).

I will try that ASAP.  I guess the workaround for compiler bug might not
be needed any more.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org