Re: kfreebsd restarts when using command poweroff

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Michael Dorrington <michael.dorrington@gmail.com> wrote:
On kvm I get the same with the 7.3-1-686.kernel.
However, with the 8.0-1-686 kernel the system does power off.
It could be related to that when this system uses the 7.3-1-686 kernel
it can't load modules including on boot, /var/log/dmesg:

after installing kernel 8.0, it does poweroff like it should. Thanks.

> During bootup, I saw these messages:
> ERROR: no hit for procs_running
> ERROR: no hit for procs_blocked

In kvm I get this for the 8.0-1-686 and the 7.3-1-686 kernel.

same here with kernel 8.0

> Is this a known issue or simply because I'm using VMware?

Try the 8.0-1-686 kernel and see what you get.
# apt-get install kfreebsd-image-8-686

I'd like to know if others are experiencing these issues.

While we are this subject, on kvm I get this message repeated over and over:
acd0: FAILURE - unknown CMD (0x03) ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x20 ascq=0x00
It was reported as a bug but the submitter couldn't reproduce it after
updates (I can reproduce it every time!):
The error message isn't limited to kFreeBSD:
Does the problem lie with kvm or kfreebsd?

i don't seem to have this message as of now.

Another problem I have is that if I reboot then on booting again the
system (7.3 or 8.0 kernel) has trouble with usbus0:
Root mount waiting for: usbus0
And then gives "ROOT MOUNT ERROR" and drops to "mountroot>".
Is this a kvm bug and/or something that can be fixed in kfreebsd?

i don't seem to have this message as of now.

Regards,
Mike.

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my