Re: Zerocopy BPF

libpcap currently fails to build on the kfreebsd-amd64 buildd
because the configure script enables zerocopy BPF and the associated
code path is apparently missing some includes. On the kfreebsd-i386
buildd it doesn't get enabled, so the package builds.

It is due to newer kfreebsd-kernel-headers on kfreebsd-amd64 buildd, based on just released 8.0 kernel.

BTW, the missing CLOCK_MONOTONIC is available via <time.h>,
i.e both <sys/time.h> and <time.h> have to be included.

This feature is apparently new in FreeBSD 8, so I don't know if I
should make libpcap always disable zerocopy, or if we plan on
supporting FreeBSD+ 8 only (in which case I'd make the build fail if
we *can't* enable it).

Would be possible to temporarily disable zerocopy ?

The current plan is "we hope 8.0 kernel would be stable and functional enough to be released as default one with squeeze."

Thanks for your care about GNU/kFreeBSD.

Petr