Re: PAM

I'd be interested in looking at that patch for PAM. I started on it, but
got sidetracked.

I'm not sure what the right thing for msyslogd. I had thought /dev/log was
standard on Unix systems, but I see that FreeBSD puts in /var/run, too. The
odd thing is that I have it at /dev/log on FreeBSD Debian, and seems to
work... Maybe I better test it more.

AFAIK, only syslogd, and the syslog function in libc need to use that socket,
so it shouldn't really matter where it is, as long as both can find it.