Re: freebsd-i386 base packages update

Robert Millan wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 10:40:58PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
Doesn't build, or otherwise not usable: console-common,console-data,console-tools,console-tools-libs,fdutils,ipchains,iptables,
klogd,libcap1,libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2,lilo,makedev,manpages,mbr,modconf,modutils,mount,
net-tools,pcmcia-cs,ppp,pppconfig,pppoe,pppoeconf,procps,psmisc,setserial,sysklogd,
syslinux,util-linux

ppp and pppconfig are not linux-specific, only monolithic-kernel specific.
IIRC this PPP could run on solaris etc.

Yes, ppp supports Linux, Solaris, and SunOS. It doesn't appear to have support for FreeBSD. Since FreeBSD already has it's own implementation, I'm planning to go with that to start with.

util-linux has been ported to GNU, so it probably builds on GNU/FreeBSD
without problem as it's using glibc. The patch is in bug #153410, but I
think Guillem Jover has made a newer one, I'm CCing him.

I will take a look. There are parts of it that work fine, and others that will need a lot of work to get running.

It should be possible to port sysklogd, also. I think it just needs a replacement for klogd. I don't think that would be too hard to write.

	---Nathan