Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 04:00:22PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

>    It's the INSTALL.txt file, not a copyright file. I have not (yet) been able
>    to find a copyright or license file that directly applies to the sources
>    in CVS, either on the website or in CVS itself. Anyone who knows where the
>    heck the thing is hiding, do tell. :)
>
> look in src/distrib/notes/legal i think.

src/distrib/notes/{common/legal.common,<arch>/legal}, actually, it
appears. Which makes it even more ugly, since things change based on the
architecture in question.... (well, the values do, at least).

There is, however, no way to separate out the pieces of the list, as far as
it appears right now. Hmmm. I wonder if including the entire list in the
copyright file, and providing a pointer to it, would qualify as acceptable.
A question for -legal, I guess. Maybe it's time I asked there, since I now
at least know where to find the entire set of stuff, and that it can't be
put together 'on the fly' to exclude irrelevant pieces.

> i don't think TNF itself is that interested in removing it's clause3
> as many have expressed interest in keeping it.  personally i'm all
> for it going away (i removed the clause3 from all my code in netbsd
> several years ago.)  (there is a newly elected board and they are
> the ones who will make any changes, perhaps things are better than i
> think they are.)

I don't think it's practical for me, at least, to go asking them. If
someone else thinks they can carry that discussion, more power to them.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/