Re: APT archive

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:36:51PM +0100, Wessel Dankers wrote:
> On 2002-01-20 21:58:11-0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > On a sidenote... I'm a bit worried at the errors I'm seeing out of the
> > shared-lib dependancy autogenerator stuff. Is this still broken? (I don't
> > mind re-building all of the packages, once it's fixed, if so, but I would
> > sort of like to know...)
>
> At least on FreeBSD, shared objects can't be ldd'd, which happens to be
> exactly what debhelper does. Perhaps these .so's don't include information
> for ldd to extract? It's really weird, because it's supposed to be ELF.

Yes, I had some trouble with that at first. I have it solved, however.  I
altered dpkg-shlibdeps to use ldconfig -r instead. It turns out that all it
really needed was a list of the paths of the shared libraries. It gets the
list of libraries dependacies from objdump -p, and really only uses ldd to
get paths for them. ldconfig -r provides that, and everything works fine.