Re: A bit of code and a bunch of thoughts.

> have something going to the point where what few features (conflict
> management, better upgrades) you could possibly desire aren't that
> far away.

Yes, this is what want. Smooth upgrades of libraries, and so on.
But it seemed to me that the current state of packaging system
is ok for users, and it is no longer developed. Hope I'm wrong :)

> If your complaint is in having to compile your software,
> try pkg_add -r  (example:  pkg_add -r epic4)

Yeah, I know about precompiled packages ;)

> Link against c_r (-lc_r) instead of -pthreads; the former
> implies _THREAD_SAFE, while the latter does not (hopefully
> I didn't get that backwards again) so it is basically a no-op.
> (unless _THREAD_SAFE is defined somewhere else)

Ok, I'll try.

--
Regards, Wartan.