Re: packages for base system

I'm thinking of hacking the Linux compat stuff, and just moving where the
libraries are located. I think I should be able to point BSD binaries at
someplace like /lib/bsd or /usr/lib/bsd, and symlink /compat/linux to /.
That might provide a good start.

I'm planning to try it with FreeBSD under VMware, but the same approach could
probably be attempted with NetBSD. I'm more interested in FreeBSD, though.

The other obvious approach is static linking the BSD utilities that can't live
with glibc.