Re: vote

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:49:46PM +0200, Andreas Krennmair wrote:
> This is a vote what system that we should take as basis for our project.
>
> 1) Which kernel?
>   a) OpenBSD kernel
>   b) NetBSD kernel
>   c) FreeBSD kernel
>   d) Darwin kernel

b), NetBSD seems to have less of an attitude against the GPL, but maybe that's
just because I hear from less NetBSD advocates. Being more of a research outlet,
they may be more open to cooperate with us.

> 2) What userland
>   a) only the userland that came with the chosen kernel
>   b) "native" userland + some GNU utilities
>   c) mostly GNU utilities + some very system dependent userland
>      utilities.

c), I can only guess that it would be easier to port the Debian system to a BSD
kernel with GNU tools, than to port BSD tools to Debian.

--
Dan White <whitehse@cafedemocracy.org>