[Fwd: Debian/BSD survey....]

Sorry I forgot to CC to the list
--- Begin Message ---
Michael Goetze wrote:

> Hi... I just read the archives for this list... sure hasn't been much happening. I'd like to
> conduct a quick and dirty survey to see whether it's worthwhile to get involved with this... I'd
> like to ask everyone subscribed to this list to take a minute or two to answer...
>
> Just so you know, my idea of a Debian/BSD system is a DEBIAN system with a BSD kernel... that's
> why Debian comes first.... (Whereby Debian's Not Linux, and GNU's Not Unix...)
>
> (1) Which BSD would you prefer to use as a base? (Free, Net, Open)

Well the one that can be ported to many platform as possible.

> (2) What do you think is the best way to start?

Well I'm not so expert in the Debian installation system to say that.
But my idea, when i subcribed, was to have a BSD kernel and all the BSD
related stuff installed in the Debian way.
But what I can suggest if someone will start to work on this project
is to immediatly start to produce HOWTO-START for beginners in order
to involve more people as fast as possible.

> (3) Are you here to contribute, or to flame?

yes I've some stations (3 x i386, 1 spark station 2, 1 amiga 4000) where
to test and a lot of spare time during the night :)
and within the next moth (hopefully adsl connection to share with Debian
BSD
developers.

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Regards
Fabio

--
 Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
 Debian GNU/Linux Testing/Unstable Kernel 2.4.5

--- End Message ---