Re: Q: How to rebuild d-i or initrd?

Ozi Traveller <ozitraveller@gmail.com> (2014-01-06):
> I changed the debian/rules file as follows:
>
> #! /usr/bin/make -f
>
> ARCH=$(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH)
> VERSION=$(shell LC_ALL=C dpkg-parsechangelog | grep ^Version: | cut -d ' '
> -f 2)
> DATE=$(shell echo $(VERSION) | cut -d '.' -f 1)
> SUITE=$(shell LC_ALL=C dpkg-parsechangelog | grep ^Distribution: | cut -d '
> ' -f 2)
> # ifeq (${SUITE},UNRELEASED)
> # USE_UDEBS_FROM=unstable
> # TRANSSTATUS=
> # BOOTMENU_BEEP=n
> # else
> # USE_UDEBS_FROM=jessie
> USE_UDEBS_FROM=wheezy
> USE_PROPOSED_UPDATES=0
> TRANSSTATUS=translation-status
> BOOTMENU_BEEP=y
> # endif
>
> however sources.list.udeb still has unstable.

Err, I mentioned debian/rules so that you see how a regular debian build
is supposed to work. dpkg-buildpackage and friends call ./debian/rules,
which runs make in build/ with appropriate variables set. If you're only
changing debian/rules and then manually running make under build/,
nothing is going to change.

So either tweak debian/rules and use dpkg-buildpackage, or use “make
USE_UDEBS_FROM=wheezy” under build/, after having removed generated
files (that includes sources.list.udeb).

Mraw,
KiBi.