Re: Q: How can I repack a udeb package?

Thanks KiBi

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
Ozi Traveller <ozitraveller@gmail.com> (2013-12-25):
> I'm trying to change the png images in the /usr/share/graphics folder and
> the Clearlooks theme in rootskel-gtk_1.27_amd64.udeb for a custom
> live-build.
>
> How do I unpack the repack the udev?

Hrm. I'll answer the following question, since it's way easier than what
people mean by repacking: “how do I rebuild an existing udeb with some
modifications?”.

You fetch the source package for the said udeb:
  dget -x http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rootskel-gtk/rootskel-gtk_1.27.dsc

(Or use links from http://packages.debian.org/source/stable/rootskel-gtk)

You modify the source package as you see fit, probably by updating the
source .svg files to whatever you like. Then you build the binary
package(s) as usual in Debian: “dpkg-builpackage -b” or “debuild -b”.

You'll then find the resulting udeb(s) in the parent directory. You
might want to specify a new changelog entry (therefore a new version
number) using e.g. “dch --local +mystuff” before building the binary
packages using dpkg-buildpackage or debuild.

Mraw,
KiBi.