Re: Upcoming stable point release (7.3)

[ What about an alias so that we don't miss anyone? ]

Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (2013-12-03):
> The next point release for "wheezy" (7.3) is scheduled for Saturday
> December 14th.  Stable NEW will be frozen during the preceding weekend.

As mentioned on IRC, no funny things on the d-i side, so a binNMU for
src:debian-installer should be enough (provided dak is happy with the
version string).

I've just checked locally that dch --bin-nmu -D wheezy and a build
against wheezy results in a working gtk mini.iso (which isn't entirely
surprising since the expected changes are mostly: gpgv-udeb,
libexpat1-udeb, and xserver-xorg-core-udeb).

On a side note, it would probably be a good idea to disable the
translation-status outdatedness check when building in stable, since
this file isn't going to be updated regularly… (and it costs a
few seconds every time it's displayed, which I find annoying) ;)

> As usual, base-files can be uploaded at any point before the freeze.

[ tzdata maintainers might be added to said alias. ]

Mraw,
KiBi.