Wheezy : update-grub won't list other GNU/Linux installed on RAID 1

Hello to all,

first of all I apologize :
- if I'm not in the right mailing list
- for my English, it's not my mother tongue
- for the delay I need to respond, I'm not often in front of my computer unfortunately

I'm quite new to Debian, I'm switching from Ubuntu (10.04).

Here is the problem I encountered.

I've 4 disks for the moment on my PC :

sdb :
    * sdb1 : boot partition for my Debian Wheezy
    * sdb2 : root+swap partition for my Debian Wheezy, LVM over LUKS

sdd :
    * sdd1 : home partition
for my Debian Wheezy, LVM over LUKS

sda and sdc : two software RAID-1 mirrored disks (mdadm)
    * md0 : boot partition for my Ubuntu 10.04 (over RAID1)
    * md1 : root+swap+home partition,
LVM over LUKS over RAID1

When I run a 'sudo update-grub', it only finds the Debian kernel and does not create any entry for my Ubuntu install.

My RAID1 partitions are active as shown in /proc/mdstat.
Personalities : [raid1]
md1 : active raid1 sda2[0] sdc2[1]
      975585216 blocks [2/2] [UU]
md0 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdc1[1]
      487360 blocks [2/2] [UU]

I re-generated my device.map, it reads :

(hd0)    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD1001FALS-00J7B0_WD-WMATxxxxxxxx
(hd1)    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS5C3030BLE630_MCE921xxxxxxxx
(hd2)    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST31000528AS_xxxxxxxx
(hd3)    /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Samsung_SSD_840_Series_S19HNEAxxxxxxxx

(the 'x' are from me, of course).

Tried to manually add a (md0) to this device.map, it did not change anything.

I've been googling (well, duckduckgoing) a lot, but now I'm confused. All I've noted is that there seems to be some discussions about os-proder and SW raid systems.
I've tried to use os-prober from unstable (1.63 instead of my 1.58 os-prober), didn't change anything.

I've searched the bugs for os-prober in the Debian bug tracking system, but did not find this one.

When I run update-grub, it does not show any error, all seems to run well except that it only finds my Wheezy install...

I know there is probably a means to circumvent this problem using a custom menu entry (in  /etc/grub.d), but it would not be satisfactory as any change of the kernel version in Ubuntu would need a manual update of this entry.

Is it a known bug/limitation ? Am I doing something wrong ? Should I file a bug ?

Thanks for your reading, and for your help if you can,
Regards,
--
Chris