Re: default LUKS/LVM names

On 6 May 2013 06:04, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The current default names for an LVM on LUKS setup are:
>
> <disk>_crypt
> <host>-root
> <host>-swap_1
>
> I would like something more consistent like these:
>
> <host>-crypt
> <host>-root
> <host>-swap
>
> Any thoughts?

Something consistent and sensible would be nice.
Someone had a host / device name clash, and thus e.g. for LVM VG I
added to use a suffix "-vg" in ubuntu and planning to push a similar
change to debian, as otherwise unattended installations were failing
and were not exactly unattended.

ps. hostnames are often pre-assigned by dhcp in fully automated installations.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.