Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

Le mardi 11 septembre 2012 à 10:34 -0400, Lennart Sorensen a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 03:23:09PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > You can’t be serious. Xfce is way more different from GNOME 2 than GNOME
> > 3 classic is.
>
> Well if gnome 3 classic was the default, then fine.  But gnome 3 with
> the new panel as default is really not acceptable and just plain mean
> to users.

Yeah sure, it is mean to ask whining users to just select “GNOME
classic” in the login manager. It is an extremely complicated task, so
complicated even that it would have to be made default to avoid 2 clicks
at the first boot to those poor whiners (and add 2 more clicks for other
users, but who cares).

> > If those users are satisfied with Xfce, that’s very good for them, and I
> > agree Xfce is of very good quality.  However, it still lacks a number of
> > features and for many use cases, you need pieces of GNOME with it.
>
> Well it certainly doesn't lack the basic features I use that gnome 3
> with the new panel is missing.

Again, I’m eager to learn what features you deem “missing” from
gnome-panel 3.4.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :