Re: Sparc netboot image is too large to boot (again)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 09:58:25PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 08:00:24PM +0000, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > Attached patch implements the switch. It's not particularly elegant,
> > but minimally intrusive, only affecting the building ot sparc's
> > netboot image. I would like to commit it some time next week, unless
> > anyone objects.
>
> I would do that for all architectures. There is no reason to use gzip on
> any of them.

I wouldn't want to break the netboot images for other arches by
making changes which are not really required. Each architecture
probably has some considerations I'm not necessarily aware of, so I
would suggest to individual architecture porters to test xz
compression out, paving the way to making it the default.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC