Re: Continuing to use old kernels for installation after point releases

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 02:16:41PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The simplest solution, suggested by several people in the thread,
> would be not to remove the old udebs from the archive.  I don't know
> whether that's possible, but no-one seemed to give an authoritative
> answer to that suggestion previously.

Currently we don't have any udebs that are removed on point releases
(there hasn't been any ABI bump for squeeze).  We have new versions of
udebs and the old ones are superseded.  AFAIUI anna would still pull
the newest of the them even if they were not.

I'd rather like to understand why the modules supposedly don't work
anymore (I didn't check).

Kind regards
Philipp Kern