Re: lower debconf priority and install additional package via a postinst script

Nikos Voutsinas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install some additional packages via a custom .udeb
> that run just before finish-install step of the debian installer
> (which runs with priority critical).  What seems to be tricky is how
> to lower the debconf priority for these *specific* packages and get
> prompted for questions of these  packages that have lower than
> critical priority.
>
> The following lines from the udeb postinst script doesn't work.
>
> . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
> set -e
> db_set debconf/priority medium || true
> /bin/apt-install ssmtp
>
> I suspect that this is a file descriptor problem, because when I try
> the following command lines from another VT it works as expected
> debconf-set   debconf/priority medium
> /bin/apt-install ssmtp
>
> Any ideas?

You need to isolate whether the problem is on the d-i side or on the
/target chroot side. Try displaying a question at medium priority before
the apt-install and see if it is displayed. Use in-target to see what
DEBIAN_PRIORITY value gets communicated into the chroot.

--
see shy jo