Re: oldsys-preseed: Convert to confmodule instead of using a preseed file to allow overrides

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I'm not a debconf expert so I cannot properly evaluate the approach
> (and specifically patch 5/7), but I looked at the patches and they
> look fine and given that you've tested the changes I'm happy with you
> going ahead and commit.

 I don't think I'm a debconf expert either; I looked at the code to copy
 env vars from the kernel cmdline into debconf and did something close
 in o-p.  The main differences seem to be:
 - preseed files have to specify owner and type, while db_set works
   without owner (but if the value is missing, the new o-p registers it
   with a dummy owner)
 - you don't need to set questions as seen with preseed files, but you
   do with debconf values; that is, a preseed line sets the value of the
   question but also marks it as seen; I used db_fset on top of db_set
   to achieve the same thing as debconf-set-selections

 I've pushed the patches now

--
Loïc Minier