Areca ARC-1880-ix-16

Hello List

My System:
Mainboard Intel S5520HC (EATX)
CPU Dual Intel Xeon X5660
Raid Areca ARC-1880-ix-16
Debian squeeze 6.0.2

I am trying to install onto a raid array, however my raid controller is not recognized by the debian-installer. After searching I found this " http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2011/02/msg00688.html";. Follow-ups to this, stated that work was being done to produce an updated version of the installer using a kernel that had a driver for my controller. This was dated 19 Feb 2011, by Otavio Salvador. My question is has this version been released? If yes , how do I get it? I have searched and am unable to find it. If it has not been completed, is there an estimated release date? Or is there a work around?

Henry Gunter

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE!
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recicient's and may contain confidential or proprietary
information. Any unauthroized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies or the original message.