Re: cdebconf progress

Quoting Regis Boudin (regis@boudin.name):
> Hi folks,
>
> I think I've pushed a fair number of patched to cdebconf already, and it
> is time to call for testing.
>
> The latest changes involve making cdebconf take changes to
> debconf/priority, debconf/language, and debconf/frontend on calls to
> INPUT/GO as well as SET, and reworking frontend_new() to fall back to
> the next preferred option if loading one fails.
>
> It means cdebconf can load the current debconf.templates without
> crashing, and change frontend while running (although shutting down the
> gtk one seems to have some problem).
>
> I would be quite keen to make an upload, maybe to experimental to make
> sure I haven't broken anything for d-i.

To experimental will not really expose the package except to those
people who want to replace debconf by cdebconf on real systems.

Even for those, uploading to unstable would indeed give the same
exposure and, on the other hand, would really expose your changes to
D-I testing as all daily builds would then have the new cdebconf.

I, for one, would vote for uploading to unstable. It is time to test
*now*. Closer to wheezy release might be too laste.

Wait for Joey, Colin, Otavio's input about all this before proceesing,
though.

PS: great job, Régis, anyway. I can't understand your changesbut I bet
they are those who will put us on the way to have cdebconf ready to
really replace debconf. Reminds me that I worked to have all
debconf-depending packages to depend on "debconf |
debconf-2.0"....before the release....of lenny!