GSoC: WPA support for the Debian installer?

Hi there,

As you all know, there's no support for WPA in the Squeeze installer.
This is a left over, with nobody having enough time to work on it, even
though it seems to me (and many others) that this is an important
feature that our users are expecting.

As Debian is participating to GSoC, I thought that it would be a good
idea to have a student working on this issue for Wheezy. The only issue
is to find a mentor for it. I don't think I have the required skills to
act as a good mentor on this topic, and I was wondering if one of the
Debian installer team member / contributor would like to act as a
mentor. As Ana told me, this is mandatory so that we can have a student
working on it. I don't know it so much, but it seems to be a reachable
goal for a mildly skilled student, right?

Your thoughts? Any volunteer for mentoring?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: The list of project is closing within a month, so we need to find a
mentor for this before.