Re: Request for updated info on d-i for the Release Notes

* Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@debian.org> [2010-10-15 09:40]:
> Browsing the Debian Installer Goals for Squeeze in the wiki [2] I
> can get a feeling of some of the most relevant changes

The announcement of d-i releases contains most of the information
you're looking for:

alpha1: http://debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2010/20100221
upcoming beta: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/ReleaseAnnounce

> Some of these we can find by comparing the d-i manual from Lenny to
> Squeeze. For example, alpha or arm are no longer a supported arches in
> d-i

alpha got dropped as a release architecture for arm.

arm has been dropped since it has been obsoleted by the armel port.  I
believe the release note contains a paragraph about this change
already.  At least I recall submitting a patch about this.

> , and support for some flavors/platforms/subarchitectures (mainly
> in mips and arm?) has changed too.

For armel, you can mention the following:

Support for Marvell's Kirkwood platform was added.  In particular, the
following devices are supported:
 - QNAP TS-110, TS-119, TS-210, TS-219, TS-219P and TS-419P
 - Marvell SheevaPlug and GuruPlug
 - Marvell OpenRD-Base, OpenRD-Client and OpenRD-Ultimate

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/