[steve@einval.com: Re: Netinst ISO not bootable?]

Gah, too late for me. Should have sent this to d-boot, not d-user...

----- Forwarded message from Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> -----

From: Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 02:05:57 +0100
To: lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org, steve@einval.com
Subject: Re: Netinst ISO not bootable?

Len wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:14:19PM +0930, Alexander Waldmann wrote:
>> I just downloaded the current daily build, netinstall ISO, amd64. When
>> I went to try and install it, it didn't boot. Instead, I got my current
>> install's GRUB menu. Similar story in another computer.
>>
>> Just to confirm, I tried using the ISO in VirtualBox, and it didn't
>> recognize it as bootable either.
>>
>> Oh dear.
>
>Yeah I saw the same thing yesterday.  The amd64/i386/powerpc netinst
>image wouldn't boot and neither would the amd64 only image.

Apologies, I re-factored some of the debian-cd code and left it
slightly broken. Should be fixed now!

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds

----- End forwarded message -----
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]