Re: Preseed question

[Carsten Agger]
> The problem is that this installation must be done in the field, with a
> USB key and no access to  any  network during installation. And so far,
> d-i insists on getting some connection, somehow, or tell the user it
> didn't succeed. The installation should preferrably be completely
> automatic, insert USB, boot computer and have everything installed
> without answering any questions.
>
> In netcfg 1.52, a template has been added to disable networking[1], as
> has been kindly suggested to me, but unfortunately my target system uses
> netcfg 1.51. I'll see if I can find another way around.

For what it's worth, I seem to have solved the problem - since I asked
here, I may as well state the solution here too:

d-i netcfg/choose_interface select auto
d-i netcfg/dhcp_failed  note
d-i netcfg/dhcp_options select  Do not configure the network at this
time

I originally added this line too:

d-i netcfg/use_dhcp boolean false

but apparently this has no effect - what happens is the installer
attempts to set up the connection w/DHCP, but when it fails it just
continues without asking the user - exactly what I wanted.

br
Carsten