buisnesscard sid_d-i in "expert" mode asks different questions on amd64 vs powerpc

I recently installed an AMD64 box from a sid_d-i
businesscard CD in "expert" mode.

It asked me some questions that I didn't remember
seeing on my PowerPC installations.

In particular, it asked me to chose a distribution
(Lenny, Squeeze, Sid) and whether I wanted to use
non-free repositories.

I just did an "expert" mode install from the latest
businesscard CD on a PowerMac G4, just to be sure,
and it did *not* ask me any such questions.

Is there some fundamental difference between the two
architectures that makes this difference necessary?

Rick