Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Stephen Powell wrote:
> But withdrawing it from the distribution seems like overkill to me,
> especially since you want to withdraw it from Squeeze and not
> Squeeze+1. Lilo, as it exists today, works just fine for my
> purposes.

If the maintainer doesn't wish to maintain it for another stable
release cycle, and no one steps up to the plate to handle it, it
should be removed.

It's not like the removal of the package from the next release will
cause your "working version" to be removed, after all... and you can
presumably install manually later if you actually want it.

Don Armstrong

--
He was wrong. Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them
neatly away so that they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a