Multiple preseed files

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to use something that I couldn't find being
documented anywhere but a changelog entry that makes me believe it
exists:

Using multiple preseed files on a custom CD install - with the purpose
of having a generic one for all systems and some other special ones
for different system types.

It should exist since 2004, as this tells me:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org/msg56549.html

As I tried multiple things how I imagined it could work (e.g.
specifying two filenames separated by comma/semicolon/ after the
"file=", specifying two time file=...), I suspect this feature has
been silently dropped sometime.

Can anybody confirm that, or, preferred, does anybody know the
contrary, and can tell how it can be used actually?
A pointer to a place the code where I could try to find the answer
myself would be perfectly sufficient...

Thanks,
Henning

--