Re: Launching a Debian Xen Guest using a nfs://.../preseed.cfg fails -- Does required nfs:// support exist?

On Thursday 22 April 2010, Ben DJ wrote:
> It it was "never implemented", what was patched?

See the full bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/345654#35

It was intended for a fairly specific use case for the MIPS architecture
which apparently did not work out.

AFAIK we don't have NFS support in any D-I images currently. Yours is the
first request in a long time for NFS support. There does not seem to be
much demand for it. It's a question of cost (memory usage/initrd size)
versus the additional functionality. So far it hasn't seemed to be worth
the cost.

Cheers,
FJP