Re: Launching a Debian Xen Guest using a nfs://.../preseed.cfg fails -- Does required nfs:// support exist?

FJP,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> That is from a wishlist bug report describing a new feature that was never
> implemented. The installer currently does not have NFS support.

Thanks for clarifying that.

> Any reason why you cannot use a HTTP or FTP server for preseeding?

Our file servers are NFS, we don't provide file service by any other
means.  We provide script access to *suse(autoyast),
fedora/centos/redhat(kickstart/cobbler) & *solaris(jumpstart) Guests
this way with no issues.  Have for ages.

Simply looking for basic, functional parity in Debian.

Not clear if that's what you're asking; I'm never quite sure how to
answer these "why" questions ...  other than it's not what we seek to
do.  Just like I'm looking to do this in Debian -- not some other
distro that has the capability.

Hth.

BenDJ