Re: get.debian.net installing gNewsomething instead of Debian

Hi Joachim,

AFAIK, there is http://goodbye-microsoft.com/pub/debian.exe for now.

> @d-boot: Am I right that the file win32-loader.exe from win32-loader is
> all that is required to install Debian? Or does does it require
> adjustments before it can be used?

>From what I understood by looking at the package (to get its RC bug fixed),
the win32-loader.exe that lands in the package is the one that will get
included at the CD's root (to get "autorun.inf-launched" when the CD is put
in a box running Windows). If you try to launch the win32-loader.exe from
the package in a Windows host, it will fail (bug #464233).

My position is that src:win32-loader should build more than one package,
with various flavours: win32-loader-cd and win32-loader-standalone for
example - this would ease the setup of goodbye-microsoft.com-like hosts.

> @get.debian.net: Maybe you want to host the installer directly?
>
> Or even better, this installation method could be added to
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/?
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

I am beginning to think that a "debian.exe" should be provided from a d.o
host. That might be alongside the CDs as an official way to install Debian
or from a different subdomain.

Cheers,

Ody