Re: Towards X11-based d-i: Gone through NEW

On Wednesday 17 March 2010, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Proposed plan:
> ==============
> (1)
> In order to get everyone ready, I'd suggest (kindly) asking pkg-gnome
> folks to upload their 2.28 packages to unstable; [...]
>
> (2)
> Once that done, I'll rebuild the following d-i packages against them:
> [...]
>
> (3)
> If the resulting image boots fine, I'll be reporting here, and asking
> for those patches to be merged. [...]
>
> (4)
> If everything goes alright at this point, I think we should be able to
> migrate the whole set of packages to testing, so that further updates
> only require to migrate a few packages at a time.

! (5)
! Make the necessary changes to the D-I build system and re-enable the
! build targets for the graphical installer.

Done. G-I images should start appearing in the next daily builds.

Note that it is unnecessary to migrate cdebconf* or rootskel-gtk to testing
for this: all daily builds use udebs from sid.

Cheers,
FJP