Installer fails due to invalid signatures

Good morning,

I sent a report to the debian bug reporting system (bug number 573791) but it seems to not have been taken serious, being shuffled between responsible owners.

In short, a new net install fails completely everything time due to invalid signatures.

A mirror install fails every time due to invalid signatures.

A non mirror install fail on the security updates due to invalid signatures.

And finally any current install fails on security updates due to invalid signatures.

Not sure which section it is that ought look into this, but someone probably should.

Happens with other lives debian based systems (e.g. ubuntu 9.10 server) too.

I'm a novice Debian user (4 months), but have over 25 years across multiple systems and am a professional developer, so think I can recognise a must look at problem when I see one :) If it were only current installs that went wrong, I'd accept a user tweak being possible (though none of the suggested work arounds work), but for the new install to collapse 100% of the time isn't good.

Thanks,

Steve Clark

-

-sent 13th March 2010

Package: Apt-get as installed from CD 1 ISO of Debian 5.04. Also tried with
net inst:Version: 5.04The bug has been happening since Friday, March 11th
across all system here via multiple IPs. All were installed from Debian 5.04
CD ISO.- During apt-get update from an install by full CD ISO (CD 1) and
changing sources.list to any of the security mirrors you get multiple
warnings of invalid signatures for key id: 9AA38DCD55BE302B.-With net-inst
(business card) CD:Attempting to install using mirror at ftp.uk.debian.org,
you get the following error:"Debstrap error:The following error
occurred:Invalid release signature (key id: 9AA38DCD55BE302B)check
/var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details"-It suspect it's
going to be affecting everyone with new installation attempts.Thanks in
advance,Steve Clark

-sent 14th March 2010

Good evening,

I notice the bug has been re-assigned to the CD-ROM team.

I'm not sure this is the most appropriate assignment, as further tests here
have shown it also affects ubuntu server 9.10 installs too.

I would suggest the problem lies with the latest security packages'
signatures.

If someone more experienced with debian installations could try a clean
install for Debian 5.04 CD (linux system only - not using mirrors), select
appropriate values for /etc/apt/sources and executre apt-get update they may
recognise the problem immediately.

I would further suggest that as it prevents any new installations of Debian
since at least 11th March 2010, its serverity is a little higher than
normal.

Thanks,

Steve Clark