Re: Towards X11-based d-i: v2, final report

On Monday 15 March 2010, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> In the end I used libnettle, statically linked (that's amd64 this
>
> time, but you'll see the huge overhead of linking statically):
> | Installed-Size: [-2204-] {+2208+}
>
> libmatrixssl's headers were a mess, nettle is much cleaner, and
> directly usable as it is, while the former needed some work and we had
> no replies from its maintainer yet.

When you have time, could you perhaps create a Wiki page under [1] with
info on how the X.Org backend is put together?
I think would be good have an overview of and to document the reasons for
differences with regular X.Org libs such as (config) choices and what's
compiled statically.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUI