Re: armel debian-installer build failure

On Wednesday 23 December 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> > It could explain a difference between the buildd's and my build logs
> > though: it looks as if the correct kernel udebs may be getting
> > filtered out.
>
> The first difference is in the "get-packages udeb" and "Need to
> download:" lines. In my log this includes
> core-modules-2.6.30-2-ixp4xx-di, but on the buildd that's missing.
> AFAICT this means that the output from pkg-list is already different.
> That would mean that it's NOT the Kernel-Version filtering as that
> happens later.

OK. Here's a theory.

What happens in get-packages is that the Packages file is saved as
Packages.old and then replaced by a filtered version.
It then also traps signals to call a cleanup function that restores the
original Packages file when get-packages exits.

Now what if that cleanup for some reason does not happen and we are left
with the Packages file that was filtered for iop32x? That would explain
why all iop32x targets succeed and the first non-iop32x target fails.

So the root problem would then be that on these buildds 'trap' in a shell
script for some reason does not work as it should.

/me likes this theory