[RFC] Alternative implementation for tzsetup (was: Not sure about recent change in tzsetup)

After the decision during yesterday's team meeting I've prepared the
patches to implement the alternative solution to revert the "all
timezones" option and add instead the option to select UTC at medium
priority [1].

If there are no objections before then, I plan to commit these changes on
Friday before the l10n run. I will then mail d-i18n to request translation
updates over the weekend and will do a first upload on Monday [2].

Below an overview of the template changes I propose to include.
Comments welcome.

1) Country selection dialogs (both shortlist and per-continent)
Change in the long description to emphasize the importance of selecting the
correct country for time zone and also indicate that it's not the only
factor in determining the system locale.
I've not mentioned the default mirror on purpose because at this point it
may not be really clear what exactly a mirror is and because it would make
the text rather long.

Current text:
   The country selected here will be used for example to select a default
   locale and time zone. Normally this should be the country where you
   live.

Proposed text:
   The country selected here will be used to set your time zone and also
   for example in the determination of the system locale. Normally this
   should be the country where you live.

2) New dialog for selection of preferred locale
This dialog will be displayed at high priority when a user selects a
language that has multiple locales (has a shortlist), but selected a
country that's not in the shortlist.

Proposed text:
   There is no locale defined for the combination of language and country
   you have selected. You can now select your preference from the locales
   available for the selected language. The locale that will be used is
   listed in the second column.

   Country to base default locale settings on:

3) Add a long description to timezone selection dialog
With the above changes users should hopefully be selecting the correct
country and thus get the correct time zone. Some users may however be used
to selecting the "wrong" country. This change is intended to help those
users.
The value of this change is limited as the dialog will not be displayed if
the user is installing at default priority and selected a country that has
only one time zone.

Proposed text:
   If the desired time zone is not listed, then please go back to the step
   "Choose language" and select a country that uses the desired time zone
   (the country where you live or are located).

Better than the hint above is to prominently and clearly communicate the
changes in localechooser to users through the D-I release announcements
and Squeeze release notes.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2009/11/msg00163.html
[2] Which IIRC means we'll need an extra l10n run late on Sunday.