Re: Create new dialogs/packages for the D-I using the new GUI-Interface

On Saturday 10 October 2009, Tatsu wrote:
> i'am searching for a HowTo or a reference manual which describe the way
> to create a new installer package (udeb?) with support for the new
> GUI-Interface included.

That question does not really make sense. The graphical installer is
supported by default in cdebconf, so you don't need to do anything special
in new udebs to have that supported. Just use the debconf protocol.

You just need to make sure that you include rootskel-gtk and
cdebconf-gtk-udeb (and use the correct boot parameters) in the D-I initrd
when you build an image, which is all done by default when you use one of
the "build_*-gtk" targets available for building an image from
installer/build.

The best general instructions for creating udebs and building D-I are in:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/

Cheers,
FJP