Spellchecking priorities [Was: Re: Override changes standard -> optional]

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 09:00:04PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > For that reason I suggest that ispell, iamerican and ibritish entries
> > be modified *right now* to be optional instead of standard. wbritish
> > seems to be already optional.
>
> For most languages tasksel will automatically install relevant
> dictionaries. It currently does not do so for English _because_ those
> packages are priority standard (and have been for a long time).
> IMO we should be consistent between languages in that respect, and
> especially for English.
>
> It is now too late in the release cycle to change task definitions
> to "compensate" for the priority change and test such changes, and the
> change could also have consequences for debian-cd.
>
> Therefore, as member of the Debian Installer team, I have requested for
> these changes to be postponed until after the release.

Hi, Frans and debian-installer team.

I am about to ask dictionaries-common priority be changed to optional in the
override file. Also, ispell maintainer has also uploaded ispell, iamerican
and ibritish with optional priority (not yet changed in the override file).

Are those changes OK in the override file at this time from the
debian-installer point of view?

Regards,

[PS: I am not subscribed to debian-boot]

--
Agustin