Re: Keymap problems in D-I (was: Re: Bugs in the latest Debian Sid installer)

On Sunday 23 August 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
> - at the time I wrote this, I knew I couldn't investigate things
> further, even obvious ones

How much work is:
boot installer from netinst; proceed until CD has been scanned
alt+F2 + enter
find /cdrom -name console-setup*
?

5 minutes, top.

> Something you clearly fail to see are the consequence of things you can
> say (or write) *from the perspective of the person* you're talking
> to.

No. I do. I just don't - at least in my free time; on a paid job I'm
slightly more - care to allow too much for people with paper-thin skins.

"Isn't that obvious?" is a very mild comment in my book. It's intended as
a prompt that with a bit more thought and effort you could easily have
come to a better analysis. It's a mild hint to try a bit harder next time
maybe, which you can of course ignore.

Now, if I had wanted to be offensive, I could have done something like
this: