Re: d-i plans for the squeeze cycle

Quoting Marc Brockschmidt (marc@marcbrockschmidt.de):
> Heya,
>
> As announced on dda [RT1], we want to get an impression when releasing
> Squeeze is feasible. We have proposed a (quite ambitious) freeze in December
> 2009, and some developers have noted that their planned changes wouldn't be
> possible in this time frame. So, to find out when releasing would work for
> most people, it would be great if you could answer the following questions:
>
> Do you have any big changes planned? How much time would they take, and
> what consequences are there for the rest of the project?
>
> How many "big" transitions will the upcoming changes cause? When should those
> happen? Can we do something to make them easier?

I think that the current answer we can give as of now is "we don't
even have released an alpha version....and we probablu can't expect
any before September (I'd say "end September").

As already said, I won't be available for a team meeting today (which
should have been the meeting day according to our schedule). Should we
plan a specific "alpha release" meeting in an attempt to hurry up a
release?